3.31.2011

WNR # 2

Attendance: Myself, Sarah, Cheryl, Karen (sp?), Lisa, Benson, Racin' Rob, Kevin, Chris, and Action Chuck.

Weather: Sunny but chilly. 33ish.

Trail Conditions: I wouldn't know.

As soon as we set out down the path I realized my drive side crank bolt was loose. After a brief pause to attempt a fix, I sent the rest of the group on up the road and said that if I could get it fixed I'd start riding our proposed loop in the opposite direction. It was not to be. I went to McLean and Eakin to see if Matt had a full sized set of hex wrenches, but they did not. The hardware and the bike shop were both already closed. I briefly considered calling Secret Steve to see if he could help me out, but I thought better of it since they had their baby boy yesterday morning. Congratulations on little Secret Turner! I eventually figured out that my multi-tool did have an 8mm attachment, but try as I might I couldn't get the bolt to turn in either direction. Ugh. I thought singlespeeds were supposed to make life easier. Anyway, everyone else finished up just fine and we regrouped at the Mitchell St. Pub for post ride grub. It was good. Next weeks WNR at the HQ. Sarah will be in touch on dinner assignments. I'm planning a long ride on Sunday if anyone is interested give me a shout. Otherwise, have a good weekend and we'll see you next week. I promise at least a small portion of singletrack. Over and out.;

No comments: