5.11.2020

Context

Context matters. The food that tastes really good when you are out in the middle of the woods and hungry after a long day in the saddle might not taste quite as good at home. I think the same may apply to sleep systems as well. I wanted to see if my 40 degree bag might be comfortable down into the 30's if I paired it with a puffy pullover, hat and fleece long underwear. I think it is. At least it was until about 1:30. At that point I needed to get up to take a leak. I had drifted in and out of sleep and was confident that an entire night would be plenty safe, maybe not super comfortable but fine. So I went inside to my nice warm bed. It turns out that the hammock tent seems great when it's up against the hard ground, but not nearly as great when you have access to a nice bed about 20 paces away. Couple of pictures from the last week or so. I call this one Redneck Limbo
This small tree has been over the two track between home and Bigfoot Rd for a couple of weeks now. I can't believe one of the side by side yahoos hasn't taken it down yet. Oh side by sides! I finally tagged the tree that tagged me a couple of years back
Looks like we are going to attempt a reopening of the shop one week from tomorrow. Curbside only. I can't even imagine allowing random people in at this point in the pandemic. That may very well continue through the summer as far as I can tell. Riding is still going really well, we'll see if I can keep it up once work starts back. Over and out.

No comments: