7.13.2007

Cyclocross

The idea of cyclocross racing has occupied a space in the back of my mind for some time now. This is the year I'm going to make it happen. The list of pros is just too long to ignore: One, all four races in November fall on a Sunday (we're closed on Sundays in the off season). Two, they are all in the Grand Rapids area which is only 3.5 hours away. Three, the entry fee is only $15 per race. Four, it'll keep me training until I can start cross country skiing. Five, it's something new to do on a bike (always a good thing). I've been scoping out the cross bikes online, and the best deal I found seemed to Cannondale's entry level model. I stopped into Latitude the other day to check out availability, and they just happened to have a 58cm (my size) in stock. The stars truly have aligned. I'm going to take her out for a test drive next Thursday morning after yoga. The best part of all: the bike is a lovely blue.

No comments: