10.08.2007

Back in the Saddle

Got back on the bike yesterday after a seven day hiatus, and it felt pretty damn good. Taking the time off was so hard psychologically, but knowing that it was only a week made it tolerable. I know now that I will never be able to quit biking. It's like I was able to stay off smack for a whole week before finally surrendering to the craving. I felt like a junkie yesterday morning getting ready for my ride. Mixing my bottles and checking tire pressure was exciting. Getting dressed for the ride was much the same. Once I actually clipped into my pedals and started to roll down the driveway.....forget about it. I had every intention of making it a nice easy ride, but that intention vanished about five minutes in. I felt great, and so I decided a 25 mile ride with a buch of hills sounded like more fun than dodging leaf peepers on 119. It was. Also, new max. speed for Pete: 48.7mph. Anyway, I'm back on track and ready for some good riding this week. Sarge and Mike are both confirmed for the ride this week, and hopefully Marcus will be able to make it out as well. Remember: The road to success is always under construction. Take care.

No comments: