6.18.2009

WNR # 10

Attendance: Myself, Sarah, Jessilyn, Ginny (from Flagstaff), Benson, Rob, and Seth.

Trail Conditions: The trail is 100 percent open and rideable now. There were a couple of bigger trees down that required a quick dismount up until recently. Sand is definitely an issue, but it constantly amazes me how well the big 29er wheels handle it.

Weather: Sunny and in the low 70's. Bugs were horrible. I even got bitten while riding.

We only rode up to Robinson and back; but the pace was high, and it felt good to get the heart rate up a little bit. I took today off the bike and drove to yoga this morning. Now there's only one ride left after our packet pick up tomorrow afternoon before the big event. I'm feeling pretty good about the race this year. I've been going over my numbers for the past couple of years, and I'm definitely better prepared than I've been in years past as far as time in the saddle goes. My shoulder hasn't been too much of an issue yet (knock on wood). So this may be the last post until after the race. Wish me luck, and have a good weekend. Over and out.

1 comment:

SARGE said...

Good Luck at the big race this weekend!!!