6.03.2010

WNR # 12

Attendance: Myself, Benson, Rob, Charlie, Secret Steve, Bobbi, Sarah, Cheryl, Kevin, and Keri.

Weather: Sunny and warm.

Trail Conditions: A few logging issues near the back end of our property, and sand, sand, everywhere sand.

The trail actually is in pretty good shape considering the lack of rain. I don't ride the Loop as often as I used to, and there are a couple of hills out there that never seem to get any easier. Most notably are the Ruth Unwise trail and the cart path heading back up to the 95 acres. I also managed a little crash at the end. Nothing too bad (unlike Hugh with his busted ribs), just smashed the living s**t out of my knee. It felt okay pedaling some intervals before work this morning, but yoga was a no-go. We've got the race at Hanson Hills this weekend, so I'm out for riding on Sunday unless you want to come down to Grayling and race. We were unable to come to a consensus for next weeks WNR last night, so we'll try and have something firmed up by Monday. Have a good weekend. Over and out.

3 comments:

SARGE said...

Hey, good luck at the race this weekend... kick some azz! If you haven't already looked at these, check out the latest (June) issues of Mountain Bike and Bike magazine. There was a nice article about Drunk Cyclist in Mountain Bike and an interesting one about the Iceman Race in Bike.

WPG said...

Thanks Sarge. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't get either of those mags anymore, but I'll see if I can track down a copy. How's the riding been in AZ?

SARGE said...

The riding has been great. A bit of a slow start this season due to the really long winter and record snowfall, but most trails are open now. I've been riding quite a bit... and it feels f'ing great! Haven't blogged in quite a while, been thinking of starting a new one; but it seems like I get really motivated in the beginning and then slack off as time goes by. Let me know if you would be interested in a once a week contribution to your blog (similar to DC does it).