1.18.2011

Back in Action

I took it easy that first week after the crash. I was using the laser therapy and popping the ibuprofen in an effort to speed up the recovery process. It must have worked because I've been back on the snow for about a week now. I'm still probably only at 80% give or take, so I've been going extra slow on the downhills to avoid another crash. I was a little worried in the first few days following the crash that it would f**k up my first big race of the season, but the last few days have restored my confidence. Sunday I got out for a good solid 21 km classic ski at race pace, and yesterday I got a hard 10 km skate ski in. I'm going to keep trying to ski hard through the end of the week, and then I'll start resting up and getting ready for the race. Hope everyone is having a good winter and getting out to enjoy the snow. Over and out.

No comments: