1.07.2011

I Hurts

Finally got back on the snow Tuesday for a wonderful 1.5 hour skate ski session with Hugh. At the very end, coming down the last hill, I crashed and my ribs made extra firm contact with the frozen ground. The wind was knocked out of me, but I got up quick enough and we made it back down to the car without incident. Now my ribs are very sore. The pain seems to be radiating from the bottom of my sternum outward and down. I've been treating them with a combination of heat, ibuprofen, laser/electrode therapy, and beer. Today they feel a little better, so I think I'll fire up the snowblower and maybe tool around behind the house on my fat skis. For those who have not experienced a blunt force trauma to the thoracic region, I don't recommend it at all. First marathon of the season is only three weeks form tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get back on the snow serious style come Sunday. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments: