5.05.2011

WNR # 6

Attendance: Myself, Benson, Secret Steve, A/C, Uli, Nick, Bobbi, Sarah, Cheryl, and Jess. James and Amber joined in for the after party and WIngs game.

Weather: Pleasant, 50is degrees and sunny.

Trail Conditions: Excellent. Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I've really been trying to keep my portion of the trail cleaned up this year. So far so good. The rest of the trail was a tad sandy in spots but otherwise 100 % rideable.

Our kitchen is completely dismantled at the moment so dinner was a bit of an adventure, but we all still managed to have a good time. I believe next weeks WNR is on the NCT starting at Stutsmanville and heading south, but wait for Benson's email for the final confirmation. I'll report back after the race on Saturday. For now, a race report complete with photos from across the pond:

Here is a recap of Race 3 - April 23th – local club race – about 25 riders – fast 4 kilometer course in windy conditions– 18 laps. I continued where I left off the week before and decided I would just spend the day mixing it up. The first lap was a parade of the whole group and then things started to pick up. I kept close to the front to make sure I did not miss the break. With each acceleration, a few rides would get dropped. After about lap 3 laps the group of riders I was with had whittled down to 8 riders. The cat 1 and 2 riders had already checked out. Myself and one other rider took turns attacking and by the 5th or 6th lap we were down to 5 riders. Attached is a picture Denise snapped at about this point. I was going off the front again and I think another rider dropped. This continued until we were down to 3 riders (the other picture) and we continued a perpetually rotating paceline until the end. I spent the last two laps mostly at the front to help a teammate. Both the other guys soundly outsprinted me at the end but I finished overall pretty well….tired and smiling and no road rash. Did I mention that the course was flat….I checked the computer at the end…. a whopping 60 feet total of elevation gain after 72 k!







No comments: