6.22.2007

The Quiring Special






It's here, and it is everything that I hoped it would be and more. I got up around 5:30 Thursday morning for the trek down to Charlotte. I was home with my new baby just a little after 3:00. I put some bottle cages on, pumped up the tires, changed my clothes and was on the road by 4:00. I did a great 27 mile loop with some big climbs and a few northern michigan cobbles thrown in for good measure. I can't begin to describe how wonderful this bike feels. Perhaps after a few more hours in the saddle I'll be able to articulate my impressions a little better, but until then I'm just going to ride. Working with Scott was great, and I'm pretty darn sure this won't be the last frame he builds for me.

Have a good thought for our buddy Doug. He's in Marquette this weekend for his first forray into road bike racing.

No comments: