6.29.2007

In for the long haul

The summer season is now officially in full swing. Traffic/Parking is a nightmare. The vast majority of people that I deal with on a day to day basis now appear to be oblivious to the world around them. This is bad enough when you're attempting to talk to them in the store, but out on the streets it becomes downright dangerous. The only good thing about these two months is that it's only two months. I shouldn't complain too much because the money they spend does allow me to buy shiny new bikes and skis. But I can honestly say that if we were this busy year round I'd be looking for a new job.

I normally have a hard time keeping up with my training this time of year, but I'm really comitted to sticking with it this year. It may mean getting up early and doing some of my rides before work, but I've put too much time in already this season to just let myself go to shit now. I'm thinking that my fabulous new road bike will help motivate me to a large degree. I can't say enough good things about the job Scott did building my dream bike. It fits perfectly. The paint job is beautiful. The Campy stuff works like a charm. If you're ever interested in a custom ride I would have absolutely no reservations steering you in his direction.

Since the fourth falls on a Wednesday this year, the WNR will be on Thursday night at Team Headquarters. Hope to see you all there. In the meantime, take care and ride well.

No comments: