6.01.2007

Sneak Preview



Yesterday morning Hugh and I headed south for a little recon on the Lumberjack 100 course. I picked him up around 8:30, and after a few stops we rolled into the Big M parking area around 11:40. Two laps and five and a half hours later we were tired, but the course was not really as hard as we expected. I'm sure that after the third and fourth laps we'll be singing a different tune. I didn't get home until just after 10:00 which made for a really long day. It was well worth it though to put my mind a little more at ease with the big day only two weeks from tomorrow. We're thinking that 2hr45min laps would be real doable. That would leave us with a 30 minute cushion for any mental, physical, or mechanical breakdowns before the cutoff time of 8hr45min for starting the fourth lap. The bottom line is, it's going to be a long ass day in the saddle no matter what. Now I'm just ready to get on with it. I have the Hanson Hills race this Sunday morning, and then all eyes will be focused on the LJ 100.

I just wanted to quickly touch on something else that has been on my mind lately. Sometimes when you start a relationship with someone new, you don't always let your friends know about it right away. This happened to me in the early part of the year when I started working with a coach. His name is Joe, and he lives in Millwaukee. Since this whole situation was totally new to me, I wasn't really sure what to expect or if it would even work out at all. So far things are going well, and I'm really pleased with the progress I've made in my skiing and biking. So that's all. I just felt like it was time for me to introduce everyone to Joe. Take care everybody, and we'll see you out on the trail soon. Thanks for reading.

No comments: