4.17.2008

2 Days Out

This will almost certainly be the last post before the race, as I'm 99% sure that my home for the next few nights (a yurt up in the mountains) does not have wireless internet. I'm not even sure if it has cell service. But that's okay. It'll give me time to read, get ready, and contemplate what's in store come saturday @ 7:00 a.m. I just finished up a couple of great days of riding at Tsali. I got some great pictures, and there's a lot I want to say about what an absolutely wonderful place it is. But I think I'll save that for when I get home and am running short of blog material. For now, I'll just say that anyone who loves to mountain bike owes it to themselves to make the pilgrimage.
Race strategy for saturday: Slow and steady wins (or in my case finishes) the race. I'm looking to just put in a consistent solid effort throughout the day with an emphasis on proper nutrition. Wish me luck, and I'll report back from the other side. Take care and have a good weekend.

2 comments:

SARGE said...

Good luck at Cohutta this weekend!!! I'm looking forward to checking the results and seeing your name towards the top of the list.

Sarah said...

Good Luck and enjoy your new Quiring. I will miss kissing you at the finish line!
Love,
s