4.09.2008

Three Days Until Departure

I guess it's probably time to start thinking about packing for the trip since I'm hoping to get on the road before dawn on saturday morning. I've got a pretty good mental list of the things I need to bring; so now it's just a matter of assembling a pile of stuff, double checking to make sure I haven't forgotten anything, and then transferring the pile into the truck. Truck you say? Yes, a truck. The store has purchased a 2004 F-150 with only 36,000 miles; and in addition to handling deliveries for the shop, it will also be my new mode of transportation for race trips/road trips starting with this one. I've been running around this week getting her ready. I got the topper installed monday, and last night Adrejs wired in a new Sirius unit for me. I'll be sure to post some pictures of her once she's all loaded up and ready to go.

On the bike side of life, things have been going well. I've gotten a couple of rides in with the squishy fork now, and everything seems to be in working order. Also, the addition of suspension only added 1.5 pounds, bringing the race weight (with pedals and bottle cages) to just a whisker under 24. I rode most of the loop yesterday afternoon; and while there are a few sticks here and there, the trail's in pretty good shape. It shouldn't take me too long to get her cleaned up when I get home in a couple of weeks. The rest of the week is looking to be all about riding and packing. Until next time.

No comments: