11.17.2006

Mother Nature Wins Again

Well, my plans to do a couple of rides in Arkansas were foiled due to adverse weather conditions. A storm that swept through the area from the west (I -70 was closed through Colorado again) brought thunderstorms, high winds, and a small chance of tornadoes. The temperature also dipped down to right around forty degrees or less. I holed up for a night just outside of Little Rock, but the next day held little hope for better weather. So I made some room in the back of the car in order to get the bikes off the rack (due to the high winds and rain), and I made a run north for home. Needless to say, it was fairly slow going on the interstate, but I made a little progress each day. It's now Friday, and I should be able to make it home tonight. I've got lots of pictures and quite a few stories to tell. I'll see everybody soon.

No comments: