11.14.2006

Windsurfing @ SBYC south



Got to meet up with Madge and John on North Padre Island for a little windsurfing earlier this week. I'd been to Chorpus Chirsti before, but this was my first time out on North Padre. It was absolutely fabulous. Apparently, Ed Tim goes there quite often (the guys at the surf shop all knew him). It was the perfect place to learn the sport. No waves and a good lesson on Sunday got me to the point where I was able to go out by myself for most of the afternoon on Monday (with quite a few breaks thrown in). I can now turn around and ride a real board. I still fell in the drink from time to time, but I feel like I really got the hang of it. Hopefully I'll be able to remember it all come next spring. I've got another ride on tap for tomorrow in Ark., but the weather appears to be questionable. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: