11.07.2006

Riding with Sarge



Just finished up a few days of good riding with old Sargent Major in and around Flagstaff. We rode a trail called Schultz Creek on Friday afternoon. It started off with a good amount of climbing on nice forestey singletrack. Then finished off with a killer three mile downhill. Day two took us for an easy spin at Camelback Mesa. It was a super easy trail, but a whole lot of fun. I rode the majority of it in the big ring, so you can imagine how fast and furious it was. On Sunday, we rode down in Sedona with Josh and Ginny Biggs. The Cathedral Rock trail was the perfect mix between technical features and sweet rolling singletrack with killer views the whole way. Both of these pictures were taken along Oak Creek about 2/3 of the way through the ride. All in all, it was the perfect threeday weekend of riding (and drinking and eating exceptionally well). I dropped Sarah off at the airport in Phoenix this morning, and I'm in Tuscon for the next couple of days for more riding. I'm not sure how long I'll last down here though, it's 94 outside right now. So the plan is to get up early tomorrow and hit the 50 year trail before it gets too hot. I'll check the forecast before I decide what to do next. Take care, and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also enjoyed riding with Sarge. It was so wonderful to see him again! The only ride I did not do, was the first. I let the boys go play and my singlespeed wasn't working so well.
The fun Camelback Mesa was so much fun and easy, I am surprised Pete didn't mention how much fun I had because it was my type of trail!!! Easy!
The Sedona ride was one I will always remember. Beautiful and stunning. And some really hard, bike carrying uphills.
I had an amazing vacation.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

damn! great to see sarge here!