4.07.2007

Official Race Information

Due to my busy training and work schedule, I'm afraid this may be the official race announcement. With a little more than a month to go berfore the start of the race, I am not optimistic that I will get the mailing together and sent out to everyone. On the bright side, with the money I'll save on postage and color printer ink I plan on getting a keg of Short's beer for the party after stage 2 (bring a dish to pass and something to throw on the grill). So without further ado, here it is:

*Race dates are May 18-20
*All stages start and finish @ team headquarters. Courses will be announced (maps also provided for those in need) one half hour before the start of the stage. Courses will also be marked as well as possible with blue chalk paint. Leave no trace.
*Schedule as follows:
Stage 1: Friday 6:00 p.m. TT (road) appox. 15 miles
Stage 2: Saturday 3:30 p.m. Marathon (mnt.) appox. 35 miles
Stage 3: Sunday 10:30 a.m. XC (mnt.) appox. 20 miles
*Prizes awarded to overall winner in both classes (mens and womens) immediately following the completion of Stage 3.
*For more info., call Pete @ 231.526.5850 or email @ wpetergurney@yahoo.com

I'm going to do my best to contact those people not frequenting the blog (shame on them) by phone and/or email to let them know about the race. In the meantime, keep training and good luck.

No comments: