4.20.2007

Spring for real?

I don't want to jinx it (I haven't put fuel stabilizer in the snowblower yet or put away the snow shovel), but it appears that spring has finally sprung. Yesterday was sunny and right around 60 degrees. I got in my longest ride of the season, three hours and just under 50 miles. Benson joined me for the last hour, and we rode a nice 18.5 miles up to Island View Rd. and back to my house. It was really nice to have a partner again after riding alone for most of the season so far. It makes the time go by a lot faster when there's someone to chat with (and draft behind). The weather is supposed to remain great right through the weekend. We have tenative plans for a longer mountain bike around 11:00 or so on Sunday morning, but I don't know any more of the details yet. Give me a shout tomorrow night if you're interested, and I'll let you know what the plans are. Until next time, get out and ride. This weather is just too damn nice not to. Here's a little video of Niko's first visit out to Team Terpening Headquarters:

No comments: