Saturday, August 04, 2007

WNR report

We're still riding on Wednesday nights. It's funny how the group dynamic changes from year to year, and even week to week for that matter. We started out with just a few riders in tshirts totally new to the sport. Some of us original riders are still coming out, week in and week out. We just wear jerseys now and ride nicer bikes. This season has seen a little jump in attendance, and a big part of it is a few new riders. Scott has brought Kathryn and Mitchell along to quite a few rides, and Matt has introduced Jessilyn to the wonderful sport of mountain biking (with Sarah's help). In the beginning of the season Doug brought an old motocross buddy Rob to a few rides. We weren't sure if he'd keep coming around or not, but he did. Rob's there every week now. He's looking to hook up for longer rides on the weekend. He'll be coming up north next week for his first of what will hopefully be many Ore to Shore experiences. I think we've got him hooked. If he sells his dirt bike with a motor this winter, we'll know for sure. Matt is also making the trip up over the bridge for his first O2S as well. All told we should have 7 or 8 team members on hand for the race next weekend. I'm really getting excited. I feel like I could have a really good race, but we'll just have to wait and see. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched and all that shit. WNR this week in the village. Until then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete, how's it going? What's new over at work? Ralph doing a good job, or am I going to have to come over and take care of you guys? Well, it's the first couple of days back from vacation, and it has been a very long first three days at work. As of Tuesday night, I already have over 38 hours in at work. Whoever ran my temporary route screwed up everything, and I have had to fix all my stores, which is just what I wanted to do, yeah right... Vacation was great. Lots of shopping and walking. I personally walked the Mall of America at least three to four times, and that's all three major floors. I was actually in the mall when the bridge came down. That night at the hotel I watched nothing but coverage of the event. I hate my temp. job over here in P-town. Going to Wally world five to six times a week is bull. I want to come back in my old position. I miss chit chating with all you over there. Hopefully something will come up where I will be able to come back sooner. If you have to, start a grass roots campaign to get me back over there. Start calling my boss or even call the phone number that should be on your bill. That's a direct number to corporate in Dallas, maybe they can do something. I don't know if I will be able to make it six months doing this route all the time. But I heard that it may be only three months, I can only hope so. Tell everyone I said hi, and I hope to see you all soon.