11.26.2007

Freeheel Weekend


Considering they only had two runs open, the skiing at Nubs Nob this weekend was incredible both days. I got out right at nine on both days and skied until after eleven. John, Tim, and I even found a little fresh powder on Saturday morning to the far left side of Snow Pro (that's right, fresh powder on Snow Pro). It's amazing how much snow that crew can make in a short period of time if it just gets cold enough. The weather service is calling for a chance of snow everyday all week, so next weekend I'd think they'd be able to open the whole front side. Sunday morning John and I were able to hook up with Marcus, and we skied together all morning. I don't get to see Marcus very often; but when I do, I always have a great time. Between biking and skiing, we have an almost endless amount of things to discuss.
My legs were feeling pretty trashed after my reentry to ski life, but I forced myself onto the bike yesterday afternoon. Got in a good hour and a half, and the legs actually came around after a little warming up. I'm feeling pretty good these days, and I'm planning on closing out the year with some real solid training. I want to be ready when the xc trails open and the racing starts. I'll have to sit down and figure out my ski racing schedule soon, but to be honest I'm already planning out my bike season for next year. More on that later. Until next time, take care and ski well.

No comments: