11.17.2007

Rolling

Finally had to bite the bullet and start riding inside this week. I've got my old Trek 8000 set up on the magnetic trainer with a rear slick, and I've got my rollers set up in the doorway of the guest room with my road bike. In order to alleviate some of the boredom, I'll start off on the rollers (with ipod) for 20 minutes as a warm up and then switch over to the trainer (in front of a tv) for 45 minutes in the endurance zone. I'll cool down for about 5 or 10 minutes and then do a little stretching. And Voila! I got a good solid hour + on the bike and didn't go anywhere. All in all, it's not that bad of a workout, but I'd really rather be out cross country skiing by now. Hopefully we'll get some snow soon.

Race update for tomorrow: I'm not going. I've had a mild nagging pain in m right knee all week, and I don't really think sitting in the car for most of the day tomorrow to race for an hour is going to make it any better. Hopefully it'll be cleared up by next weekend because I'd really like to give this cross thing another chance before the end of the season.

Below: I was really trying to capture the thrill of riding indoors for everyone. Unfortunately, I don't know how to set the timer on my digicam for longer than ten seconds. So, I had to push the button while the camera was propped up on the dresser and then run back across the room and hop on and clip in before the flash went off. Sadly, out of 3 attempts this was the best.

No comments: