11.23.2007

Surprise, Surprise.


All week we've had no snow, and Nub's Nob was predicting an opening day of Dec. 1. Well it got cold over the last couple of days, and they were able to fire up the guns. That and the 3-5 inches we've gotten last night and through today means they're going to open up tomorrow and Sunday. I'm meeting up with John and Tim right at 9:00 tomorrow for a few runs before work. I'm really excited, and if this keeps up we'll be able to start cross country skiing soon.
On the bike side of life: New record on the trainer yesterday, 1hr40min. My legs are finally starting to feel good again after the month of little activity and massive beer consumption surrounding the wedding. I'm skipping the cross race downstate again this weekend due to holiday traffic concerns and the fact that I can go skiing. The picture below is Niko making some unauthorized phone calls when he was over for dinner yesterday. He is a nonstop flurry of activity. Hopefully, he'll be able to channel that energy in to the pedals before too long. Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come too?
Love,
the wife

WPG said...

I suppose.