2.18.2008

What The F**k?

At first, they were calling it the biggest storm of the winter, 20 inches of snow. I'm thinking all right, this is gonna be fun. Then, they downgraded their initial assessment, 5 to 8 inches of snow. I'm thinking okay, that's still gonna make for some nice skiing. When the sun came up yesterday morning, none of it was true. Instead, we were treated to an entire day of light and variable freezing drizzle. Boo. But as the wise man once said: "when life (or mother nature in this case) hands you a sack full of lemons, you just gotta make some lemonade". I didn't really make lemonade. But to make out on the missed skiing/training, I did spend two solid hours on my indoor training bicycles. After that, I fired up the old sauna to 165 degrees and had myself a good sweat. All in all not too bad a day (if you were able to ignore the fact that it was kind of raining out). Bonus: The race down in Grayling ended up being cancelled anyway. It's been rescheduled for the day after the Black Mountain race, so we'll have to see how frisky I'm feeling in a couple of weeks. They say more snow is on the way, but I'm not holding my breath. I won't believe it till I see it. Over and out.

No comments: