2.07.2008

WNS Report

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull the plug on the whole WNS thing due to a severe lack of interest. This does not mean that I won't be skiing on wednesday night anymore. It just means that I will not be necessarily be doing it in a specific spot at a specific time. If you're ever interested in going out on wednesday night (or any other night for that matter) give me a call and we can try and set something up. Anyway, I got my last hard workout before the race in yesterday out at Nub's in the afternoon, and conditions were downright dreadful. They hadn't groomed since tuesday morning, and the subsequent thaw/freeze cycle left huge uneven frozen creases and cracks in the trail. To top it off, the icy conditions scraped off most of my kick wax almost immediately. But to look on the bright side, at least I had my poles. I got in the whole 1hr15min with 4 5 min. race pace intervals, so at least it wasn't a total bust. Feeling good heading in to race this weekend. All I've got left to do is wax and rest up. Take care and have a good weekend.

No comments: