2.02.2007

The power of technique.

I had my first hour long session with a professional nordic ski instructor from Walloon Lake (Nick B.) yesterday, and it was a real eye opener to say the least. Apparently, I've been cross country skiing the wrong way for years now. It's just a good thing that Nick was able to catch it when he did. If I'd gone on any longer that way, my bad habits may have become irreversible. Perhaps I'm overexaggerating, but I definately learned a ton in a very short period of time. I know it sounds obvious, but it really is a lot easier to learrn something from a trained professional than it is to figure it out on your own. It also motivates you to practice more when you know you're going to spend another hour with your teacher the following week. In other news, we are finally getting a ton of snow, and that makes me ever so happy. Scott says he's coming out to ski on tuesday night, and he wants the sauna fired up. So bring your skis and a towel. The trail should be in great shape. Take care and ski well.

No comments: