5.11.2007

Keep Your Eyes on the Prize




Thought I'd share some pix from the race last weekend. The first one is of my buddy Justin and I warming up before the start. The second one is the pro/elite field chatting before the gun. I think the middle Bell's guy was the eventual winner aboard his 17lb. Quiring Ti Singlespeed. You talk about fast.......

The training has been going well. I recovered nicely from the race and got in some good long rides this week with some hard intervals on wednesday before meeting up with the WNR group. By then my legs were pretty trashed so I just took it easy for the rest of the night. When I'm feeling sore and not really in the mood for riding, I just have to remind myself that the Lumberjack 100 is just around the corner. I know Hugh's putting in the miles over in France, and that is probably the biggest motivator to get out on the bike. I'm shooting for a metric century on the dirt Sunday. If anyone's interested in all or part let me know, and I'll figure out a meeting place. Otherwise, I'll see you at the WNR this week at boyne. Jess made her second appearance last week, and I think we may have her hooked. Kathryn had her first WNR last week, and we're hoping to reel her in as well. It's nice to have some new faces showing up for the WNR, keep it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pete - We have to coordinate better.
I am only putting in the miles because I know you are. See you soon.

Hugh