5.21.2007

Race Report






So the 1st Annual Team Terpening 3day Stage Race just finished up yesterday morning, and I'm pretty sure that everyone had a great time. There were a couple of crashes (none too serious), and a couple of people got lost (none requiring search and rescue missions). All in all, I'd say things ran pretty darn smoothly. Speacial thanks go out to Chris for driving me around in his truck on thursday night to finish marking the course for saturday's stage, and to Sarah for manning the aid station on saturday and organizing the kitchen for the party on saturday night. And so, without further ado, the official results:
Stage 1: Friday 6:00 pm 4.6 mile road tt
1. Pete: 14min10sec
2. Chris: 15min7sec
3. Scott: 15min38sec
4. Sarah: 18min54sec

Stage 2: Saturday 4:00 pm 30 mile mountain bike
1. Pete: 2hr1min
2. Doug: s.t.
3. Nate: s.t.
4. Chris 2hr15min
5. Dave: 2hr28min
6. Rob: 2hr30min
7. Ed: 2hr52min
shortened course:
1. Scott: 2hr
2. Matt: 2hr33min
3. Seth: s.t.

Stage 3: Sunday 11:00 am 15 mile cross country mtb. (4.7 mile lap)
1. Doug 1hr15min (3)
2. Nate 1hr17min (3)
3. Pete 1hr20min (3)
4. Chris 1hr21min (3)
5. Scott 1hr (2)
6. Ed 29min (1)
7. Matt 38min (1)

So that's it for now. I'm pretty sure I got the times right, but let me know if I messed anything up. I'm already looking forward to a bigger badder race next year. It'll be the same weekend so mark it on your calendar now, no excuses. Good job everybody for coming out and making it a fun weekend for all involved. I got a ton of great pictures from Sarah and Kathryn, but these four are going to have to do for now. I'll sprinkle more into the blog over the coming month or so. In the meantime, take care and ride well. Over and out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am bummed I missed it. Nice riding everyone. Looks like great fun.

Hugh