5.01.2007

Trail Building 101




After my four hour ride on Sunday, I had every intention of sitting around being lazy on Monday. But that was not to be the case. The WNR is coming out to Terpening this week, and there were still a couple of trail issues that needed adressing. So instead of my recovery day, I spent two hours hauling recycled lumber up the hill and using the chainsaw. But the bridge is built, and it is totally rideable (in both directions). I haven't been out to ride the whole loop in a few weeks, but last I checked it's all in fairly decent spring shape. There are small sticks and such to watch out for, but nothing that should force you off the bike. We'll also be screening my new favorite bike video, 24Solo. It's awesome. So it should be a good night. Too bad so sad for those that'll miss it.

1 comment:

JoeFro said...

Nice bridge....sorry I can't make the race. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm helping the pa-in law put up a pine knot cieling in the new addition to the house. I road two laps of the Lumber Jack course yesterday and then the section of NCT that runs though the Udell Hills. The course is way harder in reverse, but the inner loop stuff is WAY more fun and easier.