5.14.2007

Lumberjack Training

Since Doug had to bail on our plans to preview the Lumberjack 100 course this Sunday, I took the oppurtunity to do a long ride on the mountain bike from home. I was shooting for 100km (62 miles), but the loop I picked ended up being a little shy. Interestingly enough though, it worked out to be almost exactly half of the projected numbers for the big race. 51 miles in 4hr38min with total elevation gain of 4,096 ft. I'm certainly feeling it today, but it's not as bad as I expected. I rode into town on as much dirt as possible (the Loop and around Pond Hill Farm) to meet up with Chris. We then headed over to the North Country Trail on the low road. Chris rode on the N.C.T. with me from there until Stutsmanville Rd. He headed south on Pleasantview to boyne, and I continued on the trail north to Van Rd. From there I followed the same course that we'll be racing on Saturday. All the way down to the lake and back up via the south end of Lamkin Dr., Middle Village Rd., and Boyton Rd. Those are three pretty big climbs. I look forward to hearing what people have to say on Saturday night after the race. WNR at boyne this week. I'll see you there, and don't forget to come racing this weekend.

No comments: