8.24.2009

The Check Is In The Mail

Once Rick picks up the mail this morning I'm committed to my first ski race of the season. It's a doozy. It's the biggest ski race in North America. It's been on my radar for a couple of years now, and talking with Steve Biggs at Matt and Jess's wedding sealed the deal. I don't know whether or not he's going to follow through on his end, but I'm in. I have many, many more miles to ride yet this year; but signing up for the Birkie definitely gets me excited for ski season.

Back to biking: The commuter is almost back up and running after a little TLC. I touched up a few rust spots, replaced the crankset with an old FSA 2X9 I had laying around (a little easier gears for fully loaded hill climbs), got a front rack ready to install, and replaced the chain. Hopefully she'll get a shakedown ride in the morning to Petoskey/Yoga. Then, it's the WNR on tuesday. Kipp Rd. @ 6:30. See you there.

No comments: