8.07.2009

WNR # 17/Wo Is Me

WNR Repot: Record number of riders for the season I believe. Around fifteen if memory serves me correct. The Loop is pristine condition, if I do say so myself. I spent a couple of hours tuesday afternoon thinning out the trail below the Biddick's by hand with a bushwhacker thingy and a rake. I thought I was doing my last minute and unorthodox cross training before the race (last year I ripped out all the carpet in our house and stacked wood). It turns out I was just getting sick. I haven't been sick in over two years. I'm a really bad and grumpy sick person. Wednesday I felt the twinge of sickness, but I told myself that it was just allergies from the trail work and the hard ride (I felt really good by the way). By thursday afternoon, I had to admit to myself that I really was sick. I've been pumping myself full of Airborne and H2O for the last couple of days, but the truth of the matter is that I really don't feel so hot. Sore throat, headache, runny nose....you get the picture. Anyway, we just got the camper set up, and I'm settling into a Two Hearted. I need a miracle. I'm hoping to get to bed early and wake-up tomorrow all bright eyed and bushy tailed. However, I'm prepared for the fact that they may not happen. Either way, my a** will be on the line in the morning, and I'll report back from the other side. Wish me luck. Over and out.

No comments: