5.15.2008

WNR Report

Another WNR has come and gone. Had a good crew out for the ride at Boyne (Benson, Doug, Kurt, Sherry, Sarah, Seth and I) . With a little preride action, I ended up with 18.2 miles in about 2.5 hours with breaks. The shoulder is still nagging in there, but I can sense pain free riding on the horizon. On a brighter note, my legs are really starting to come around, and I should be able to get some quality hours of saddle time in before my next round of serious racing in June. There will be day of registration for the informal racing events this weekend, so come on out if you're so inclined. Next weeks WNR is the 2008 Harbor Springs Ride of Silence. This is a ride held across the country and the world in honor of cyclist injured or killed while riding on the road. The ride will start in downtown Harbor Springs in the parking lot adjacent to the municipal tennis courts at 7:00 pm. The Ride of Silence is similar to a funeral procession. The ride will be slow (max 12 mph). There will be no talking, only silence, to remember our fallen brothers and sisters. Join cyclists worldwide, Wednesday May 21st in a silent slow-paced ride in honor of those who have been injured or killed while cycling on public roadways. Email me if you have any questions, and I can put you in touch with Benson. Otherwise, I hope to see everyone with a bike there. Over and out.

No comments: