5.22.2008

WNR Report

The Ride of Silence last night went off without a hitch, in spite of extremely inclement weather. I believe it was 38 and raining when we set off from downtown. I'm guessing we had somewhere in the vicinity of 30 riders representing a very broad spectrum of the local cycling community. The local police and the sheriff's department even sent out representatives to lend a hand with logistical/traffic related issues. All in all, a good ride for a very good cause. Hopefully next year we'll have better weather and an even better turnout. Next week's WNR @ Kipp Rd. Be there or be square. Have a happy holiday everyone.

1 comment:

Kerri Finlayson said...

Pete,
I am back from Africa and once my bike gets put back together I'll be ready to be back on the bike!
Oh-I have a new challenge for you! This is supposedly the HARDEST or one of the hardest mountain bike races in the world: the Cape Epic in South Africa. I have convinced a fellow TDA rider to do it with me in 2010. Are you game? Unfortunately, there is a lottery system b/c it is attracting a lot of people.

http://www.cape-epic.com/

Kerri