5.13.2009

New Roads

I got to take in some new pavement yesterday on my long road ride. I headed over to Burt Lake via Stutsmanville and Brutus Rd. After riding up the west edge of Burt Lake I hooked up with Riggsville/Robinson and cruised around Douglas Lake. After skirting the north edge of the Pellston Airport on Ely Rd I headed down to Jurek's for an H2O refill and a small bag of CheezIts. I got back on the road and headed north on Larks Lake Rd. to Cross Village. From there, it was home via Island View/119/Townline/Wasson's Grade. All told I ended up with 67.2 miles in 4 hours 28 minutes. After longish rides on sunday and monday, yesterday's ride left my legs completely trashed. But I'm headed into a recovery week, so I suppose that's how they should feel. No beer on tap tonight because one of my sales reps. is fu**ing moron. I've got something good lined up for tomorrow though; so at least I'll be drinking tasty draft beer this weekend. See you tonight.

No comments: