5.04.2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Saturday: I rode a lap on the Loop with the singlespeed, and my legs felt like crap the whole time. Needless to say I wasn't looking forward to the long ride on sunday.

Sunday: I put off the start to let it warm up a tad outside. I was still hoping someone might call to join me for all or part of the ride too. The call never came, and I rolled out of the driveway around 11:40 on my geared mountain bike. I headed north on dirt whenever possible to the north end of Sturgeon Bay. I'd say it was probably 75% dirt and 25% pavement. Anyway, from there I headed south on the NCT to Larks Lake Road (almost all dirt with a quick detour into Cross Village to refill bottles and Scott and Kathryn's). From there I rode a combination of two track and pavement up to the Stutsmanville tower. A little off road power line action took me down to Geary Rd. for a lap around Pond Hill Farm. Then I hooked back up with the Loop and headed home. Ended up with 6 hrs 5 min in the saddle for 59.06 miles and 3,897 ft of climbing. I may give myself a day off the bike today and do a little trail maintenance. WNR @ HQ this week. Call Sarah if you want to talk about dinner afterwards. Over and out.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

What is going on with the Team Terpening Super Sluths? We are wondering if you caught them?