10.16.2009

WNR #27

Attendance: Myself, Benson, Rob, Keri, and Kevin.

Weather: Cold. Temps. in the low 40's when I started around 5:30 and down to 36 by the time we finished up about 7:45. Brrr. It was also dark.

Trail Conditions: Good to Excellent. There are a few leaves on the ground, but overall the trail is still fairly easy to follow.

Just to spice things up a bit, I put the rigid fork back on the geared bike for the WNR this week. I figured if I was going to be riding in the cold and the dark, I might as well make it a little more challenging. It was. The newer downhill trail on the backside was particularly tricky on the steel fork in the dark. All in all, we had a good (albeit cold) ride. Truth be told, once you get moving it really isn't that bad though. Next weeks WNR @ The NCT off of Lark's Lake Road. Possible dinner at The Pond after. Take care and have a good weekend.

No comments: