10.30.2009

WNR # 29

Attendance: Myself, Benson, Rob, Secret Steve, Kevin, Charlie (the new guy), and Sarah.

Weather: Cool and dark.

Trail Conditions: Still pretty good. There are a lot of leaves on the ground so it was a little hard to follow the trail once it got dark.

I had a good ride, and I think I've finally reached some conclusions about my rigid steel fork experiment. I've had some nagging neck pain for the last month, and my hands have been a tad more sore than usual lately. This has all been going on for about the same duration that I've been riding the rigid fork. It occurred to me the other day that the pain may be a result of using the non-squishy fork. I really like the way the rigid fork feels, and I also enjoy the 2.5 # weight reduction of the bike. However, if it makes my hands and neck hurt, it's probably not worth it. I'll switch back to the singlespeed (that has suspension) for the remainder of the season, and we'll see what happens.

Next weeks WNR @ HQ. We'll probably ride the normal route all the way down to Lower Shore and then head back home via Surfwood, so if you have a red blinky rear light bring it along.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: