1.22.2010

Cancelled

The races that were supposed to go down this weekend were officially cancelled yesterday afternoon. Apparently their current lack of snow and the warm weather forecast for the weekend were enough for them to pull the plug. Since I still have the weekend off, and since it is supposed to warm up quite a bit I've decided to head north. There is a cross country ski center outside of Munising called Valley Spur, and I hear it's pretty top notch. They've got 45 km of trails, and the grooming is supposed to be excellent. They also have close to three feet of snow at the moment compared to our three inches. The plan so far is to head up tomorrow morning and do a long classic ski. Then I'll probably get a room in the thriving metropolis of Munising so that I can get up Sunday morning for a shorter skate ski. It'll make for two weekends in a row heading up over the bridge, but that's okay since I like the U.P. Have a good weekend.

No comments: