1.25.2010

So I'm in the U.P.....

Saturday: I woke up early and got the truck packed and ready to go. The sun was shining, and it was a beautiful day for a drive. By the time I got to Munising, the sun was no longer out, and the temps. were in the low 30's. The grooming at Valley Spur was near perfect. There were probably close to 30 cars in the parking lot when I got there just after noon. I thought that would translate into some traffic out on the trails, but I was wrong. The whole time I was out I only saw two other people. I had a most excellent skiing experience. I drove into Munising to get a room for the night, and I was hoping the rain would hold off long enough in the morning to get a quick ski in before I hit the road.

Sunday: The rain did not hold off. I woke to a fairly steady downpour. I lounged around a bit thinking maybe it would clear up. By the time I finished breakfast and looked at the radar for the umpteenth time, it was clear that there would be no skiing for me. I packed up the truck and headed for home. The rain continued pretty much non-stop until I got back over the bridge. Fortunately, the long range forecast for here and Marquette (where the Noquemenon is this weekend) is good. Cooler temps. and more snow. We need some more of both.

Garmin Connect -
Activity Details for
Valley Spur Y loop + H and W

No comments: