1.04.2010

Classic Sunday

I was pretty sore when I got out of bed yesterday morning, and for a brief moment I contemplated skipping the race. My right knee felt pretty banged up, and I assume that was from a late race crash on Saturday. My arms felt pretty stiff too, but after an hour or so of shuffling around the house and a few ibuprofen I was feeling okay. The race went well. 11 km. and I felt pretty good most of the time, or as good as you can expect to feel when you're operating at near maximum heart rate for just under an hour. Then it was home to snowblow the driveway and haul some wood. The sauna afterwards felt wonderful at 180 degrees. So I got my first two races in without breaking myself or any of my equipment. WNS is on this week. End of Valley Road past Chestnut Golf Course @ 6:30. Hope to see you there.

No comments: