1.19.2010

My Arms Hurt

I know, I know. HTFU. Seriously though, my arms seem to have taken the biggest hit with the little sickness hiatus. Three days skiing in a row counting today, and my arms are toast. I've just been doing an hour each day in order to ease back into it. Of course, I've been going pretty hard during those hours in order to "make up for lost time"... I know it's silly, and I know it's not technically what I should be doing. The coughing up of stuff as soon as I get done could be seen as another indicator that perhaps I was pushing a little too hard, but I like to think of it as just removing the sickness that put me out of commission for a few days. All in all, I still feel pretty good. It's too bad the same couldn't be said about the snow levels. We got maybe a half an inch last night and this morning. And that is about the sum total of new snow we've had over the last couple of weeks. Consequently, there have been rumblings on the interweb that the resort hosting the races this weekend may not have enough snow, especially since temps. are supposed to get up into the high 30's and low 40's by the end of the week. Fortunately for me, it's close enough to home that I can wait until the last minute to see whether they're a go. I'll be skiing somewhere tomorrow night. If for some odd reason anyone is interested, give me a shout at the store tomorrow and I'll let you know where.

No comments: