1.02.2010

First Race of 2010

I had my first race of the season this morning, and it was also my first race ever on the skate skis. Conditions could have been a little better. It was five below zero at the start. Having the race on one of my regular training loops was a definite plus though (even if it was the hilliest loop at the resort). When we got there, we found out that they'd pushed the 10:30 start back half an hour to "let it warm up a little". In my opinion, when you're looking at temps. that low a few degrees here or there really don't make that much of a difference. Anyway, the cold was all but a distant memory once the race started and my heart rate shot into the stratosphere. With the exception of the one long downhill on each lap, it remained there for the entire 51 minutes that it took me to ski the 10 kilometers. Crossing the line I had that all too familiar feeling of almost, but not quite puking. Then it was off to work for the late shift. I'll head home tonight and recover as best I can for the next race tomorrow morning. At least it's supposed to be a little warmer, and it's a classic race which is definitely my stronger discipline. WNS will resume this week, so I'll put up another reminder early in the week. Details from the race are below. Lap 1 was my warmup, and lap 2 was the actual race. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Over and out.

Garmin Connect -
Activity Details for
10 km Freestyle @ Nub's Nob

No comments: