8.09.2010

The Plans Are Almost Complete - Stoked!!!

It's been over two years since I've taken a vacation, and so... it's time.  With a wedding for Kristina's cousin on the horizon in early September, I see this as a perfect opportunity to ride some sweet singletrack in locations away from home.  The plan:  We have to be in Ridgway, CO (located between Ouray and Telluride) for the wedding over the weekend, and from there we will make our way to Fruita, CO for a day or two of riding.  From everything I've heard and read, this is the place to be for singletrack.  It kind of sounds like Chutes and Ladders, Lunch Loops, or 18 Road Trails are going to be the choice trails to ride.  I need to do a little more research for post-ride activities, but I'm sure that they will at least include a picnic on the Colorado River and a visit to Colorado National Monument.  From there we will be on our way to Moab, UT for two days of riding.  I'm thinking Porcupine Rim Trail (pregnant Kristina can shuttle me to the top and pick me up at the bottom...  thanks, babe!!!), Bartlett Wash, or, perhaps, Sovereign Trail.  Our stay will definitely include a tour through Arches National Park, a seat at the Moab Brewery (beer for me, tea for Kristina), breakfast at the Jailhouse Cafe, and maybe even a stop at the Hole-in-the-Rock (or some other corny tourist trap).  I can't express enough how excited I am to be heading north into Colorado and Utah for a week, or even just taking some time off of work.  The weather should be perfect that time of year with average high temps in the mid 80's in Moab and Fruita and the low 70's in Ridgway.  I'm also hoping to get a glimpse into fall with the aspen leaves changing to bright yellow.  All in all, we are excited to go.  I'm definitely open to any riding suggestions, or suggestions regarding post-ride activities in Moab or Fruita, so please leave a comment below if you have one.

On another note, I was stoked to look at the Local Forecast on the Weather Channel this morning and not see thunderstorms across the board for this week.  Looks like the next three days are going to be perfect trail riding conditions.  The weekend was a bit of a bummer due to the precipitation that lasted all day and night on Saturday and threatened harshly on Sunday.  I didn't get a single ride in this weekend.  But, it's a new week, and it's looking fantastic.  I have some awesome rides planned for the next three days.  And, so, as though the clear blue skies were not enough, I leave you with a little video (not of Moab or Fruita, but still cool) for some motivation to get out and ride.  Happy Trails.

Chris Akrigg TEOCALI.0 from chris akrigg on Vimeo.

No comments: