8.28.2010

A New Kind of Pain

So I ran/walked a little over 2.5 miles on the singletrack behind the house yesterday afternoon. Then we walked to Hugh and Denise's and back for dinner. I don't know why exactly I get the urge to take up running from time to time, but I do. This time around I figure there are going to be a couple of hills that won't be rideable on the singlespeed at the race Oct. 2, so I might as well get my run on now so I can run up them then. Also, since I'm going to be bikeless on vacation this fall I figured it'd be nice to be able to go for a run to get some exercise while I'm gone. Finally, from what I understand running is good cross-training to prepare for cross country skiing. My legs are sore today to be sure, but not as bad as I thought they'd be. While I've run sporadically at best in the past, I have a feeling it might finally stick this fall. So if anyone is interested in some trail running to supplement our biking this fall let me know. Have a good rest of the weekend.

No comments: