9.21.2010

Forties

Sunday Dirt Services went a tad longer than expected over the weekend. We were shooting for a 2.5-3 hour ride, we ended up with 3 hours and 45 minutes for just about 40 miles. It's the longest ride I've done since Ore to Shore, and it felt really good. Those are the kind of rides I do at least once a week starting in late March/early April up until Memorial Day pretty much. Then sh*t just gets busy, and I simply don't have time for long jaunts in the woods. Plus, if I do a long race in June, July, and, August my body probably wouldn't respond very well to additional four hour rides in the woods. Anyway, doing longs rides like Sunday with a good group makes them even better. Benson, Racin Rob, A/C, Secret Steve, and KnewKhris joined me on the adventure; and while I kept them out on the saddle a little longer than expected, I think everyone enjoyed one of my personal favorite loops.



WNR is moving to the end of Valley Rd. just past Chestnut Valley this week. I know someone told me why, but I can't remember. Benson is supposed to be sending out an amended invite as well. Hope to see you there, it's getting real tight on getting by without a light. Contact myself or Benson and we might be able to hook you up with a loaner.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh and P forgot to include the kisk a$$ ride that Cheryl and I did.....22 miles of dirt for the girls! Yeah we know, we rock! Fist bump....

WPG said...

I thought you gals might want to do your own post, sorry. Good ride for the two of you all the same (and you didn't get lost that I know of).

SARGE said...

Looks like one hell of a loop. Nice work. What trails were incorporated into this ride? Looks like some NCT, some dirt road/2-track.