3.24.2007

On the Road Again

That's right. Had my first "Road" bike ride last night. I've been out already on a number of occasions, but it's all been on the singlespeed or the scalpel. Yesterday marked the first day for the old Lemond (and I do mean old). It was great. It's amazing how much faster you can go with those skinny slick tires. I guess those fat tires with nobbies and such really do slow you down, duh. It was an interval kind of day, so I rode around the block five times. Granted, that may not sound like much. But then I live in a neighborhood with really big blocks. This particular block is just over 5.22 miles in circumference, and .54 of that is the last climb. So when you do it five times in a row, you end up covering 26.84 miles and climbing a total of 1,887 feet. Suprisingly, my lower back is sore, but my legs feel fine. I guess that's just the way it goes. Haven't heard anything from Chris and Amber. Hopefully, they are having some good rides down in Virginia. Until next time, be good and ride like the wind.

No comments: