1.07.2008

Boyne Highlands 10k

The first race of 2008 is done and in the books. The conditions weren't ideal, but sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches. I waxed the best I could, and I skied the best I could. At the end of the day, that really is all you can do. I finished the 10 km course in 49 minutes with and average h.r. of 183 and a max of 194. I was 6th in my age group and 42nd overall. It was good to feel the pain again after two months of no racing. There is just no way to duplicate it on your own. You have to give somebody money, sign a waiver, and strap on a number to feel what true pain really is. It's raining now so I may be able to get out on the road over the next couple of days. Other than that, there's not too much to report. My schedule for 2008 is almost finalized, and I should have it up by next week. WNS is up in the air due to weather, but if anyone wants to get together and pursue some athletic endeavor on wednesday night give me a shout. In the meantime, THINK SNOW. Over and out.

No comments: