1.10.2008

WAR (Wednesday Afternoon Ride)


This first picture was taken exactly one week before yesterday. It was without a doubt one of the best days of backcountry skiing I've ever had. Less than a week later, we had virtually no snow in the woods. It happened so fast I'm still trying to process it. Yesterday on the drive home from work I took note of the fact that the roads were really dry and devoid of debris. I had planned on an hour and a half indoors on the trainer, but the sun was shining so I decided to brave the wind and cold.


I gathered up all the gear necessary to ride in 32 degree weather (which is a lot actually), fired up the Ipod, filled my new insulated water bottle (I'd planned on using it for xc skiing..boo) and set off on the cross bike. I didn't really start to get cold for about forty-five minutes or so, and even then it was mostly just my feet. All in all, it was a great first ride (outdoors) of 2008. I got in 18 miles and just under 1.5 hours. They're calling for more snow now through the weekend, so hopefully I'll be back on the skinny skis before too long. Take care everyone, and have a good weekend.

No comments: