1.31.2008

WNS Report

It was really fu**ing cold yesterday. 5 degrees and 45 mph winds out of the west. I don't know what that adds up to for a wind chill, but I didn't think anyone would be interested in driving up to MVSC for skiing. That wasn't going to stop me for trying out my new boards though. I just got a new pair of backcountry skis (the Karhu Guide), and Marcus was kind enough to mount up a pair of bindings on them for me, thanks again. I finished blowing the driveway and shoveling a little after four. With plenty of daylight left to burn, I changed into my ski boots and strapped on my new skis to set out up the hill behind the house. I didn't stay out for too long due to the inclement weather, but I was able to get a good feel for the new skis. So far, sooooo good. They seem to climb a little better, and the few turns I was able to make felt really nice. I can't wait to get them out on big hills this weekend. I did two hours on the bike tuesday just so I'd be able to ski for the rest of the week. So far it's looking like skate skiing this afternoon, a long classic tomorrow afternoon, and another skate session saturday morning. I'm hoping to round out the weekend with a good long backcountry excursion on sunday afternoon. If anyone's interested in hooking up for one of the above mentioned workouts, give me a call for exact times and places. Below is the drawing I just got from Scott for my new 29er. I'm sure it'll look a lot cooler when it's all built and painted, but it's nice to know the ball is rolling in the right direction at any rate. Have a good weekend, and be safe out there.

No comments: